Recette Ti Puri
Whole wheat flour, salt, and water are the main ingredients in a typical poori recipe. You simply require three ingredients. Optionally, a small amount of oil or ghee can be mixed into the whole wheat dough. Because the dough isn't leavened or fermented, it's a fantastically quick and easy bread to make.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Ingredients for Ti Puri:
- 360 grams - 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon melted ghee or oil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more as needed
- 1/2 cup water, or as needed
- Deep-frying oil - as needed
- Place the whole wheat flour, salt, and oil or melted ghee in a mixing basin or on your work surface.
- Add a little water at a time and knead until a dough forms. The dough should be hard and tight rather than mushy. A semi-soft dough can also be made.
Rolling and Assembling
- Divide the dough into 25 to 30 small or medium pieces.
- Form into medium or slightly smaller balls.
- Apply a thin layer of oil to both sides of the dough ball. Spreading oil rather than dusting with flour keeps the oil clean and prevents the appearance of dark burnt flour particles inside the oil.
- Roll the dough into 14-inch circles that are neither too thin nor too thick.
- Cover the rolled poori with a clean dish towel to keep them from drying out.
- In a deep frying pan or kadai, heat the oil.
- When the oil is heated enough, add one poori at a time and fry gently in a circular motion with a frying spoon or slotted spoon.
- When puffed up, flip over and cook till golden brown.
- Serve hot with a vegetable curry, such as korma, or sweet dishes, such as suji ka halwa, aamras, or potato curry.
Related Keywords: soft puri recipe, ti puri recipe, best ti puri in mauritius, recette ti puri avec yaourt, ti puri recipe mauritius, recette poori, ti pouri recipe, ti puri recipe