How to make Garlic Naan
I cooked this recipe months ago, guys. I could barely keep up with my excitement the day I finished this. The reason was that these garlic naan exceeded my expectations, and I was so pleased with the results that I had to share them on the blog right away!
This Garlic Naan recipe is the only naan recipe you'll ever need, I swear!
This Garlic Naan Recipe
- Is identical to the one at your favorite restaurant!
- Simple to create at home with common pantry ingredients
- It pairs well with dal makhani or paneer tikka masala.
- Contains all of the benefits of garlic
- It is significantly less expensive than purchasing naan from a store!
I had a lot of fun preparing these garlic naans at home. The thing about naan is that once you've mastered it, you'll never want to buy it from a shop again. You know those frozen naans that are rubbery and stretchy? I mean, yuck! Furthermore, it is expensive!
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Additional Time: 2 hrs 25 mins
Total Time: 3 hrs 10 mins
Yield: 6 naan
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1 package (.25 ounce) active dry yeast
To make the Garlic Butter:
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup unsweetened yogurt
- 2 cups bread flour, plus more if necessary
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (Optional)
- In a mixing basin, combine the water, sugar, and yeast. Allow yeast to soften and develop a creamy foam for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt and sizzle the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Mix in the garlic quickly. Take the garlic butter from the stove and set it aside until ready to use.
- To the yeast mixture, add yogurt, bread flour, salt, and 1 tablespoon garlic butter. With a wooden spoon, stir until a shaggy dough forms. Knead the dough by hand until it separates from the sides of the bowl, adding extra water or flour as needed. Turn the dough out onto the counter and knead for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it forms a smooth ball.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dough. Drizzle with additional garlic butter. Cover and set aside for 2 hours to double in volume.
- Punch down the dough and place it on the counter. Cut into 6 pieces after forming a rough rectangle. Roll each piece into a ball and lightly flour it. Cover with plastic wrap and proof for 15 to 20 minutes, or until somewhat puffy.
- Roll each piece into a 1/8-inch-thick oval. Sprinkle with cilantro and lightly press to adhere.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Cook each naan for 1 to 2 minutes, or until large bubbles appear. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, or until the bubbles on the bottom are scorched.
- Before serving, brush the naan with additional garlic butter.
Related Keywords: garlic naan recipe, garlic naan calories, garlic naan bread recipe uk, garlic naan recipe without yeast, garlic naan trader joe's, garlic naan pizza, garlic naan at home, garlic naan recipe no yogurt, how to make garlic naan, homemade garlic naan, easy garlic naan recipe, cheese garlic naan, vegan garlic naan